- Online insurance application
- Affordable premiums
- Multiple quotes to compare
[Accessed November 18, 2021]
About Motor Happy
MotorHappy is a car insurance solution that facilitates the collection of car insurance quotes and then manages the car insurance on your behalf.
Applying through MotorHappy is much like applying directly through any other insurer. The only difference is MotorHAppy will collect quotes from multiple different car insurance quote providers. The benefits of using this are being able to apply with the same details to multiple companies and being able to do a side-by-side comparison of the types of cover, the amount you would pay, and the benefits that are similar or different for each car insurance quote.
The process for applying is simple:
- Visit the website on /www.motorhappy.co.za/
- Scroll till you see the car insurance section and request a callback or start the process online and wait for MotorHappy to get back to you with multiple quotes for you to look at
The type of cover that MotorHappy will try and get a quote on are:
- Third-party, fire, and theft
- Third-party only
MotorHappy’s website has an array of blogs to help you decide and pick the best car insurance quote of the ones they provide, and they will provide assistance to you at every turn, to ensure you are covered where you need the most and save where you possibly can.
Motor Happy Services
MotorHappy provides exclusive products that can be added to your basic car insurance.
These are extra types of cover that not only insure your car for accidental damage, malice, and legal liability as normal car insurance cover would provide, but also help keep the vehicle you use is kept in good running condition.
These products are:
- Extended warranty
- Maintenance Plan
- Service Plan
- Scratch and Dent Cover
MotorHappy insists on taking out an extended warranty with them for multiple reasons. They offer standardized benefits with a fixed monthly premium. In the event of an emergency due to a breakdown, or you cannot drive your vehicle due to a mechanical or electrical issue, the extended warranty option with MotorHappy will be able to cover the cost of the repairs and provide you with genuine parts and quality services to repair your vehicle.
An extended warranty can cover are:
- Wheel bearings
- CV Joints
- Cooling System
Motor Happy – Car Insurance
- Product Car Insurance
Use Motor Happy to fill in all your details. One of their partner insurance companies will then offer you a quote. You can choose the best cover for you.
Motor Happy allows you to find multiple quotes and you can choose the best quote for your budget
Let a Motor Happy agent talk you through the process with advice on what questions you should ask and why you should insure.
Benefits of Motor Happy
- Service plan - servicing your car can be a very costly event. If you have a service plan in place then you can rest assured that looking after your car can be covered financially.
- Maintenance plan - works well with a service plan. This type of insurance can assist with paying for items not covered in a service plan. Wear tear happens every day to your car. The maintenance plan can cover these items.
- Scratch and dent - a scratch can happen so quickly. Make sure that you can take care of all of these small imperfections with the help of a scratch and dent plan.
- Extended Warranties - Take care of big mechanical failures with an extended warranty.
Get car insurance with Motor Happy.
As part of owning a car, it is your job to maintain it.
In order to keep up the routine maintenance of a new vehicle the dealership where you purchased it will offer a service plan up to a certain amount of mileage or years, usually 5 years and 150 000km. This routine maintenance involves the changing of fluids, spark plugs and filters, the wear and tear parts of the car.
These are the small parts of the car that ensure it runs smoothly every day of the week. With MotorHappy this service plan can form part of your car insurance, with the benefits of being able to be supplied with genuine parts, qualified technicians, and depending on your vehicle the use of OEM parts ( Original Equipment Manufacturer). This service will also be available at a fixed monthly cost and covers parts such as:
- Air filter
- Transmission fluid
- Oil filter
- Fuel filter
- Spark plugs
- Brake and Clutch fluid
- Engine oil
MotorHappy Maintenance Plan
The most commonly asked question is what would be the difference between a service plan and a maintenance plan. The short answer is that a maintenance plan covers the service plan as well as the replacement of any other car parts that require any maintenance to ensure the car is running efficiently, to avoid breakdowns and failures of any kind. You receive the same benefits as you would from the service plan as well as keeping a maintenance checklist every time your car goes in for its routine maintenance.
Parts the maintenance plan covers are:
- Turbo assembly
- Rear wheel cylinders
- Wheel bearings
- Water pump
- Starter motor
- Locks and ignition
- Fuel system
- Steering components
- Clutch and clutch cables
- Rear brake discs
As part of signing up with each of these car insurances, you receive benefits directly from MotorHappy. These would be described as emergency or roadside assistance benefits in the event of breakdowns.
- You will be able to receive towing services to take your car to a repair shop, as long as it was not directly caused by a roadside accident.
- MotorHappy can provide you with overnight accommodation if it is too far from home and help with a rental vehicle while your car is being repaired.
- MotorHappy will also be able to relay messages to your family in the event you are not able to.
- Fuel can be supplied to wherever you are if you have broken down with no fuel.
- If your keys are locked in a vehicle, MotorHappy will send a locksmith to assist with retrieving them.
- And if your car battery has died they will help you jump start it
Scratch and Dent Cover
If the maintenance of the inside mechanical parts of your car is taken care of, in order to help keep the interior and exterior clean and undamaged, MotorHappy provides a separate scratch and dent cover car insurance in South Africa. By having this cover you can help keep the value of your car up and in the event of small accidents caused by stones, someone knocking on your door in the parking lot, or any small event that causes small damage either inside or outside your vehicle. It is a benefit that can be paid for at a fixed rate monthly with no excess.
The scratch and dent cover insures a variety of parts such as:
- Light scratches
- Minor dents
- Windscreen and headlamp chips
- Vehicle seat panel repairs
- Respray of leather steering wheels
- Seat stitching and more.
Motor Happy is a trusted & reliable provider of car insurance
In our review, we found Motor Happy to be an insurer licensed to conduct car insurance business and is regulated under the Financial Sector Conduct Authority.
Motor Happy is a registered and licensed insurer in South Africa: FSP 46123
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
This is very cheap affordable for anyone and also easy apply no hassles.
— Welkom —
They offer you quality services and don't just fix your car at cheapest they get the original parts.
— Pietermaritzburg —
Motor Happy Contact
- Building 4, The Bridge Office Park, 146 Boeing Road East, Elma Park, Edenvale, Johannesburg Gauteng 1609 South Africa
- Get Directions
- Monday 08:00 – 17:00
- Tuesday 08:00 – 17:00
- Wednesday 08:00 – 17:00
- Thursday 08:00 – 17:00
- Friday 08:00 – 17:00
- Saturday – Closed
- Sunday – Closed