Stangen Life Cover
- Affordable life cover
- Online insurance quotes
- No medical exams
[Accessed February 6, 2023]
Stangen believes in the importance of proper financial planning and leaving a legacy for your loved ones that one can be proud of.
From covering the cost of your children’s education to paying off your bond and other weighty debts, a life insurance policy will make all the difference to your family when you’re no longer around – especially if you’re the primary breadwinner in the family.
Delivering priceless cover since 1948
Stangen (formerly known as Standard General) was established back in 1948. They are now fully owned by King Price Insurance but still maintain their own brand identity and provide the meticulous, careful, personal service they’ve become so well-known for.
As a division of King Price insurance, Stangen delivers the company’s life, disability, critical illness, and funeral cover. They’re committed to delivering quality products and services that are personalized to each individual client’s needs.
An income protection service provider
Stangen specializes in providing life insurance and specialized income, disability, critical illness, and funeral cover to South Africans from all walks of life. As a registered and fully compliant insurance provider with decades of experience and history, you can rest assured that you and your family will be in good hands.
Stangen offers life insurance of up to R10 million to all South Africans between the ages of 18 and 64. Their range of life and income protection products is simple, offers real value, and is affordable.
Stangen offers Reliable Life insurance
In the event that you pass away, your Stangen life insurance policy will pay out a lump sum to your beneficiaries. This is an incredibly important part of your financial plan because it will give you peace of mind knowing that your debts and obligations will be covered when you’re no longer around to take care of them.
Over and above your life cover amount you can add a range of additional benefits such as income protection, critical illness and disability cover. This adds additional layers to your cover and ensures that you and your family are financially secure in the event that an injury or illness leaves you unable to work.
Reliable cover with affordable premiums
If you’re ready to secure your family’s financial future with solid life insurance in South Africa, Stangen can offer you the best insurance on the market, with affordable premiums. To help you make the best possible decisions regarding cover, you can make use of Stangen’s online calculators.
Stangen – Life insurance
- Product Life insurance
How much can I get
Depending on your income you can qualify for up to R10 million in life cover
No waiting period
You can be covered as soon as you take out your policy
No Medical Exam
Stangen does not require any medical exams to qualify for these life insurance policy (terms and conditions apply).
Benefits of Stangen
- Customise your plan - Stangen offers you a quick and easy calculator. Fill in all your information and requirements and they will send you a quote tailor made to you.
- Personal Dashboard - They allow you to take control of your cover by logging in to your personal dashboard and adding or amending you policy as you wish.
- Value Adds - you can add critical illness cover, funeral cover, disability cover and salary protection to your policy to make sure you have peace of mind for any eventuality.
- Live Chat for an instant response to a query
Get life cover online in just minutes with Stangen
You can apply for life cover from Stangen in one of two ways – either by contacting their call centre or completing an online application.
The online application is both quick and simple and gives you the chance to review everything before submitting it. Once you’ve got your cover in place you can also log in to their “My Policy Dashboard” and manage your cover from there.
This portal allows you to edit your contact information, increase your cover, add or remove beneficiaries, review your level of cover and add additional insurance. While you may be able to apply for insurance online, you may still need to submit an HIV test at Stangen’s request but no other medical examinations will be required.
The accelerated funeral benefit
If you pass away Stangen will pay R30,000 to your beneficiaries to cover funeral expenses within 24 hours of claim approval.
Committed to excellence
Their team is committed to delivering exceptional services and advice that takes your needs and means into careful consideration.
If you’ve been thinking about switching insurance providers or simply want to get an idea of how much cover would cost you, head on over to their website to get started! While you’re there you may also want to check out their informative insurance blog which offers some priceless financial advice and information.
Additional insurance plans
- Income protection: If you can’t work due to an illness or disability, Stangen's income protection will kick in after about 3 months and pay you 75% of your post-tax income. This will allow you to cover bond or rental payments, utilities, groceries, school fees, and other necessities until you get back to work, reach the age of 65, or pass on.
- Critical Illness cover: If you’re diagnosed with a critical illness such as stroke or heart disease, your critical illness cover will pay out a lump sum of up to R5 million. This includes diseases such as cancer, stroke, and heart attack.
- Disability cover: If you become permanently and completely disabled, Stangen will pay out a lump sum of up to R10 million to help you cover the cost of living, pay for medical bills and settle debts.
Premiums deducted by debit order
Once you’ve completed an application and provided your banking details, Stangen will set up a direct debit order to debit your premiums on a monthly basis. All insurance premiums are paid in advance.
Life cover amounts and add-ons
The life cover amount will be calculated to meet your specific need and budget. This will take into account your debts, amount of income, expenses, and how much you’re able to pay toward your plan.
In addition to this tailored cover amount that is paid out in the event that you pass away, you can benefit from critical illness and disability cover which will take care of you and your family if anything happens to you that renders you unable to work.
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
Insurance that doesn't hurt my pocket, I'm happy indeed plus no waiting period makes it perfect for those who is working hard and always on the go.
— Pietermaritzburg —
Excellent Excellent Excellent Service!!!!! No complaints from my side.. If you not with Strangen yet I'd say you better join today, no medical exams needed!
— Randburg —
Thank you for your service you are my life line after my Tata's passing, helping me manage my money so I don't go over board thank you for all the support.
— Brakpan —
- Menlyn Corporate Park, Block A 175 Corobay Avenue, Waterkloof Glen, Ext 11 Pretoria Gauteng 0081 South Africa
- Get Directions
- PO Box 284, Menlyn, Pretoria, 0063, South Africa
- Monday 08:00 – 17:00
- Tuesday 08:00 – 17:00
- Wednesday 08:00 – 17:00
- Thursday 08:00 – 17:00
- Friday 08:00 – 17:00
- Saturday – Closed
- Sunday – Closed