- Simplified insurance
- Fixed excess fees
- No claim forms
[Accessed February 7, 2023]
OUTsurance offers a variety of valuable insurance products within South Africa.
From car, home and contents insurance, to life insurance, business insurance and pet insurance, OUTsurance aims to cover all areas of day-to-day life.
Tailored pet cover
With OUTsurance’s pet insurance in South Africa, pet owners can make sure that the fur kids are well looked after as equal members of the family. With a range of pet insurance plans to select from, as well as pet insurance prices to suit the budgets of different households, OUTsurance pet insurance in South Africa offers the whole package and then some.
Pet insurance plans
OUTsurance offers pet insurance in South Africa in the form of three pet insurance plans known as:
With OUTsurance’s Standard pet insurance in South Africa, pet owners will receive R42 000 as the overall annual limit and cover.
They are offered in the form of:
- R31 500 Per claim limit for Accidental Cover.
- R29 500 Per claim limit for Illness Cover, which means that one’s pet is covered for any unforeseen illness where the pet had to be admitted to the veterinary practice or where the vet prescribes a long-term treatment plan requiring multiple treatments. This cover comes with a 60-day waiting period.
- An annual claim limit of R4200 for Vet Visits, which includes veterinary consultation fees, prescribed medication, diagnostic tests, and dentistry which do not require admission to a veterinary practice. This cover comes with a 30-day waiting period.
- An annual claim limit of R800 for Routine Care contributes toward the cost of maintaining one’s pet’s health and includes vaccinations, anal gland expressions, and voluntary sterilization. One may only submit one of these claims per year and there is a waiting period of 30 days.
- Cover for hereditary, congenital, or pre-existing conditions with a waiting period of 12 months.
- Multiple pet discounts.
Outsurance – Pet Insurance
- Product Pet Insurance
Tailor made premiums
Each pet is an individual and is insured as and individual according to the information supplied
With Outsurance your excess is fixed so you know what to expect when claiming
Outsurance is famous for their Outbonus program and this also applies to their pet insurance.
Benefits of Outsurance
- Your choice of a vet - you do not have to change your vet simply because you want to insure your pet. If your vet is registered in SA, you can continue visiting them.
- Chip discount - If your pet has been chipped or has an identification tattoo, you can receive a discount on your premium.
- Insure multiple pets and save - if you insure more than one pet at a time then you could qualify for up to a 5% discount on your premiums
- Pet-Act Out - Outsurance is one of the first providers to offer to pay for pet behaviour classes.
Insure your pet with Outsurance today
Those who choose to sign up with OUTsurance pet insurance in South Africa can enjoy the benefits and features.
These features are:
- No claim forms, which means there is no need to fill in claim forms.
- OUTbonus, which entitles policyholders to a cash refund of their premiums if they don’t claim.
- Personal choice of the vet, which means pet owners can take their pet to any registered vet of their choice.
- Chip discount, which means policyholders will pay less if their pet has been microchipped, or has an identification tattoo.
- Fixed excess, which means the excess is fixed no matter what one claims for.
- Pet-Act-Out, which is a very unique benefit of OUTsurance pet insurance and offers cover for puppy classes and pet owners may also claim for behavioural treatments for their pets. This feature is only available on the Executive plan.
- Multiple pet discounts, which means one will receive a discount of 5% if they insure 2 or more pets.
- Body condition score, which encourages pet owners to keep their pets in great shape and in good health. This feature means that policyholders will get a discount if their pet has an ideal body condition score.
- Tailored premiums, which means that the premiums are worked out according to the unique features of one’s pet.
Accidental Pet insurance
With OUTsurance’s Accidental pet insurance in South Africa, pet owners will receive R16 000 as the overall annual limit and cover are offered in the form of:
- R9500 Per claim limit for Accidental Cover, which means that one’s pet is covered for injury as a result of an accident (e.g. a dog or cat fight) or other unforeseen incidents such as fractured bones, for example. Furthermore, there is no waiting period.
- Cover for hereditary, congenital or pre-existing conditions with a waiting period of 12 months.
- Multiple Pet Discount, which entitles pet owners to a discount of 5% if they insure 2 or more pets.
Executive Pet insurance
With OUTsurance’s Executive pet insurance in South Africa, pet owners will receive R63 000 as the overall annual limit and cover are offered in the form of:
- R52 500 per claim limit for Accidental Cover.
- R47 500 Per claim limit for Illness Cover with a 60-day waiting period.
- An annual claim limit of R5200 for Vet Visits with a 30-day waiting period.
- An annual claim limit of R1050 for Routine Care with one claim per year and a waiting period of 30 days.
- An annual claim limit of R1050 for Pet-Act-Out, which includes puppy socialization classes for one’s pet. This cover also includes corrective behavioural treatments recommended by one’s vet and has a 30-day waiting period.
- Cover for pre-existing conditions with a waiting period of 12 months.
Pet insurance claims
One can submit an OUTsurance pet insurance claim by following three easy steps:
- Submit a claim via the OUTsurance app or client portal. Alternatively, one can call OUTsurance on 08600 70 000.
- Policyholders are conveniently able to track their claims using the claim tracker via the OUTsurance app or client portal. Alternatively, one can contact one’s claims advisor to track one’s claim.
- An OUTsurance service provider will attend to your claim until the claim is settled.
Pet insurance prices
To get an OUTsurance pet insurance quote, one can visit www.outsurance.co.za and within the Pet Insurance category, select “START A QUOTE” and complete the necessary fields of information. For those that require further information, one can make use of the “GIVE ME A CALL” option to have an OUTsurance agent contact you directly.
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
My dog is like my own little baby and i got her covered by outsourance so when she needs to see a doc its not a big medical bill.
— Umslangha Rocks —
I'm all about my furry friends but these days taking them to the vet is more expensive than going to the doctor, but no longer since they are covered by pet cover.
— Cape Town —
Its like medical aid for your pups its the best thing man invented for our little fluffy babies.
— Kingwilliams Town —
- not available
- 1241 Embankment Rd Zwartkop Ext 7, Centurion Johannesburg Gauteng 0157 South Africa
- Get Directions
- P.O. Box 8443 Centurion , Johannesburg, 0046 , South Africa
- Monday 08:00 – 18:00
- Tuesday 08:00 – 18:00
- Wednesday 08:00 – 18:00
- Thursday 08:00 – 18:00
- Friday 08:00 – 18:00
- Saturday 08:00 – 13:00
- Sunday – Closed