- Up to R45 000 pet insurance
- Affordable premiums
- Easy online application
[Accessed February 7, 2023]
About Pet Lovers
Pet Lovers Insurance is perfectly designed for pet lovers with a need to treat the fur babies as an equal part of the family.
Pet Lovers pet insurance in South Africa offers cover for dogs and cats in the event of unexpected, and unforeseen veterinary costs that result from illness or injury. With a simple-to-follow pet insurance claims process, Pet Lovers provide a simple solution to offering one’s pet the optimal pet insurance in South Africa.
Pet insurance cover
With Pet Lover’s pet insurance in South Africa, cover for dogs and cats is offered in the form of:
- Lifetime cover for your pet
- No sub-limits
- Lowest excess
- Vet of your choice
- Routine Care Options
- No breed exclusion
- No microchip required
- Prompt claims settlement
- Direct payment to vets
- Savings Plan
- Widest range of cover options
- Simplified application process
- Multiple pet discounts
- Discounts for premiums paid annually
Important to note is that premiums and exclusions are subject to the dog and cat's age and health status.
Pet Lovers Services
Pet Lovers Pet insurance for dogs and cats, the cover is offered in the form of accident cover, illness cover and wellness cover for all breeds.
All plans provide for accident cover, illness cover, emergency treatment, consultation, and in-hospital cover ( Except the Essential Pet Insurance Plan).
Choose between five plans:
- Comprehensive Plus, which offers cover for accident and illness medical expenses, plus extended cover.
- Comprehensive, which offers cover for accident and illness medical expenses.
- Hospital, which offers cover for accident and illness in-hospital medical expenses
- Accident, which offers cover for accident only medical expenses.
- Essential, which offers cover for all costs not related to in-hospital treatment.
The Comprehensive Plus, Comprehensive, Hospital, Accident, and Essential Pet Lovers Pet Insurance plans, include multiple pet discounts with an excess of 10% minimum of R200. The general waiting period is 31 days, excluding the Accident Pet Insurance Plan and the age of the pet needs to be eight weeks to nine years. No microchip is required and there is no breed exclusion. Payment is made directly to the vet and pet owners can choose a vet of their choice. The cover is offered for all accidents, emergencies and consultation, and pre-hospital events. The in-hospital cover is offered within all pet insurance plans, except within the Pet Lovers Essential Plan.
Pet Lovers – Pet Insurance
- Product Pet Insurance
Get Essential cover for your dog or cat from as little as R85 a month
Easily compare plans
You can easily compare the cover options and what will be covered as well as the pricing on the website with their comparison table
Benefits of Pet Lovers
- Direct payment to vets - you can have the cover paid directly to the vet instead of being reimbursed
- Save - when you insure more than one pet you can save on your premiums. You can also save if you pay your premiums for the year in a lump sum
- Choose your own vet - if your vet is a registered practitioner in SA then you can take your pet to your vet of choice
- Routine pet care is part of the cover from Pet Lovers
Get pet cover with Pet Lovers
Regarding claims, Pet Lovers Pet Insurance offers a prompt five working day maximum period for claims to be settled and pet owners are offered a routine care option, double-up option, and saving plan.
Important to note is that within all Pet Lovers Insurance plans, there are no pre-existing conditions covered.
Pet insurance prices in South Africa
- Comprehensive Plus Pet insurance offers an overall annual maximum benefit limit of R45 000, with monthly premiums worked out according to the number of pets insured. Within the Comprehensive Plus pet insurance plan, pet owners will pay a pet insurance price starting at R279 for one cat and R348 for one dog.
- Comprehensive Pet insurance offers an overall annual maximum benefit limit of R40 000 and pet owners will pay a pet insurance price starting at R257 for one cat and R299 for one dog.
- Hospital Pet insurance offers an overall annual maximum benefit limit of R35 000 and pet owners will pay a pet insurance price starting at R230 for one cat and R268 for one dog.
- Accident Pet insurance offers an overall annual maximum benefit limit of R25 000 and pet owners will pay a pet insurance price starting at R160 for one cat and R187 for one dog.
- Essential Pet Insurance offers an overall annual maximum benefit limit of R15 000 and pet owners will pay a pet insurance price starting at R85 for one cat and R85 for one dog.
Important to note is that all pet owners have the option of an annual payment for the chosen pet insurance plan if preferred.
Pet insurance claims in South Africa
Pet Lovers Pet Insurance in South Africa offers a simple and fast-paced claims process for all pet owners to have their medical expenses settled quickly while their fur babies are attended to.
- Pet owners visit their vet of choice when they need to take a pet to the vet for treatment.
- Submit the claim, which means the vet can send Pet Lovers Insurance the invoice with the necessary claim form, or pet owners can do it directly.
- Receive payment, which means that once Pet Lovers Insurance receives the claim, they will complete the process within 48 hours.
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
They cover any breed of dog and cat they don't care if they are mixed they don't discriminate against breeds they help all.
— Umthatha —
You don't have to go through all the trouble of micro chipping your animal to insure them with pet cover at pet lovers.
— Durban —
They covered my dogs whole hospital bill after he was poisoned and almost died they had to pump his tummy and keep him for two days for observation, the bill was big but I didn't have to worry ab...
— Mahikeng —