- Variety of insurance covers
- Easy online application
- Get an online quote
[Accessed November 15, 2021]
Santam is a leading general insurer in South Africa.
They provide a diverse range of general insurance products and services in South Africa, as well as internationally, and serve up to 1 million policyholders. With the brand of Santam being, “Insurance good and proper”, Santam places value on ethical and responsible insurance for clients.
Business insurance South Africa
Santam business insurance in South Africa understands that every business is as important as the next one and that there is no risk too little when it comes to maintaining the success of a business. Furthermore, Santam Business Insurance offers expertise and cover that will make sure all aspects of importance are covered not only now, but for years to come.
Standard Business Solution
Santam’s standard business solution offers cover for the following:
- Buildings (combined)
- Business interruption
- Office contents
- Goods in transit
- Business all risks
- Accidental damage
- Fidelity insurance (theft by employees)
- Public liability
- Employer’s liability
- Umbrella liability
- Group personal accident cover (individuals and employees)
- Electronic equipment
- Machinery breakdown
- Business interruption following machinery breakdown
- Deterioration of stock
As each business is designed differently with specific goals, business insurance can be specific to certain types of industry.
Business Insurance that would fall under this category of industry-specific insurance can be described as Hospitality Insurance and Leisure and Guesthouse Insurance.
Hospitality insurance explained
Businesses that would benefit from Hospitality and Leisure Insurance, would be seen as the private owner of a restaurant or guesthouse. Beyond the categories covered within the standard business solutions, Santam Business insurance in South Africa offers clients under this category, tailored cover of:
- Access to Europ Assistance, which offers you free medical advice, emergency medical transport, legal advice, and a crisis line.
- Automatic increase of the sum insured over long weekends, festivals, and school holidays.
Coverage With Hospitality and Leisure Insurance
- Claim preparation costs
- Personal effects of guests
- Cleaning and/or dry cleaning of guests’ effects
- Transport cost of groceries and household goods
- Cost of guards and temporary repairs following an insured event
- Livestock and game
- Locks, keys, remote controls, and access cards
- Sport clubs and putting greens
- Garden and water features
- Sprinkler, drencher system, and fire-extinguishing installations/appliances
- External signs, on or away from the premises
Santam – Business Insurance
- Product Business Insurance
Business interruption insurance
We have all seen recently how our world can be turned upside down. Make sure that you have business interruption insurance from Santam to protect you from the unforeseen
Building and contents insurance
In business what you have inside your building can exceed the cost of the building as you carry stock and have expensive electronic equipment etc. Let Santam assess your needs and give you the best cover
Benefits of Santam
- Specific sector business insurance - Santam can tailor make your portfolio according to the sector you work in. Agriculture forms a large sector of our economy and Santam understands that cookie cutter insurance solutions may not be what farmers need so they have developed insurance solutions tailor made to the agriculture industry.
- Specialist insurance - Santam offers insurances for a niche market from aviation to insuring your crop. If you are looking for something specific you can search for a broker and discuss your needs with them to get advice on the best cover for you.
- SOS from Santam is there when you need a help most.
Get business insurance now.
Santam business insurance has a wide range of services.
Businesses are covered against:
- Medical expenses
- Cancellation of booking
- Theft of alcohol and/or cigarettes
- Leakage of alcohol
- Accidental deterioration of foodstuffs
- Damage caused by baboons
- Damage to buildings caused by wild animals (excluding baboons)
- Subsidence and landslip
- Damage to goods in the open caused by an insured event
- Death of horses and koi
- Loss of water – damage caused by a power surge
- Accidental damage to the building
- Bursting of geyser and overflowing, leakage or discharge of water or oil
- Accidental damage to machinery of swimming pools, boreholes, and Jacuzzis
- Interruption of electrical supply
- Loss or damage following the escape of refrigeration gas
Furthermore, Hospitality and leisure insurance offers business insurance advantages in the form of:
- Trauma counselling for you and your guests
- Compensation for your or your employee’s death
- Liability Insurance, including cover against food poisoning
- Liability Insurance for the following activities: swimming, biking (including mountain biking), hiking, golf, tennis, and other ball sports
- Optional Liability Insurance for 4x4 trails, abseiling, bungee jumping and game drives
- Under the Motor section: Passenger Liability Insurance for employees Professional Liability Insurance
Business insurance quote
To get a business insurance quote, simply click on “Contact Us” on the home page and complete the necessary fields under the sidebar titled, “Get a quote”. To submit a claim, click on “Submit a claim” below the quote information fields and follow the necessary steps. One can also register and track claims on the Client Portal or Client App offered by Santam available on Google PlayStore.
How to apply for Business insurance
To apply for Santam business insurance, eager clients can visit santam.co.za and learn more through the interactive visual of business risks for standard business solutions. After this one can make use of the “Building Calculator” button and click on it to follow the simple steps to determine whether the business in question is sufficiently covered. Then complete the necessary fields under the Title “Find a broker” and help will be waiting on the other end to assist.
Choose Santam today
There are 5 reasons to choose Santam, for Business Insurance in South Africa:
- Satam is South Africa’s largest short-term insurer.
- More than 80 of the top 100 JSE listed companies are insured by Santam
- They offer exceptional business advice from experts to support businesses through social networks.
- They are known for paying out more money in claims than any other insurer.
- They offer 24/7 assistance for claims and emergencies.
Once joined up with Santam, clients can enjoy great deals and rewards such as additional tiering points and membership benefits, such as discounts on Trellidor products, based on the product range, as well as discounts on the replacement of Maxidor security doors. And these are just a few of the many additional benefits one can enjoy when becoming part of the Santam family.
Santam is a trusted & reliable provider of business insurance
In our review, we found Santam to be an insurer licensed to conduct business insurance business and is regulated under the Financial Sector Conduct Authority.
Santam is a registered and licensed insurer in South Africa: FSP 3416
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
I have a small café and I've been covered by Santam at low prices even if I have big losses.
— Kwazulu Natal —
My kitchen caught on fire last year and I had a hassle free claim with no extra cost.
— Plettenberg —
I've been covered by Santam's business insurance for over 8years I just updated my premium plan and they are truly the best company all I had to do is sign.
— Germiston —
- 1 Sportica Crescent Tyger Valley Bellville, Cape Town Western Cape 7530 South Africa
- Get Directions
- Monday 09:00 – 17:00
- Tuesday 09:00 – 17:00
- Wednesday 09:00 – 17:00
- Thursday 09:00 – 17:00
- Friday 09:00 – 17:00
- Saturday – Closed
- Sunday – Closed