- Reliable home cover
- Fixed premiums
- Cash back bonus
[Accessed December 8, 2021]
OUTsurance is dedicated to service excellence and makes a point to go out of their way to exceed their customer’s expectations.
So whether you’re looking for an all-inclusive insurance package to cover your home and everything in it or need special cover for some valuable antiques and jewelry they’re ready to deliver.
One of the biggest fish in the sea
OUTsurance, which is a division of Rand Merchant Investment Holdings, is one of the country’s largest and most reliable insurance companies. Their size and their listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) may seem insignificant to you if all you need is an affordable home contents policy but, it’s in fact extremely relevant.
Their size means that they’re financially stable meaning you’re in good hands. They’re able to provide affordable insurance and innovative products since they’re leading the market.
Big on enterprise development
OUTsurance is a firm believer in the power of entrepreneurship, not only to improve the lives of individuals but to create jobs and uplift communities. Their Kwande Programme focuses on enterprise and supplier development across its value chain.
The businesses that they select are able to access loans and grants, business mentorship, and specialist intervention to provide them with the best possible chance for stability, growth, and long-term success.
The pioneers of the cash-back model
OUTsurance was the force behind the introduction of the cashback for no claims model. While the concept has gained momentum with other insurers no one does it as much and as often as OUTsurance. They pay out around R350 million in cashback bonuses every year now that’s something don’t you think?
Whether it’s taking time and investing resources to help rebuild and clean up after civil unrest or taking the time to support local child welfare programs their Staff Helping SA OUT initiative is commendable and has made a world of difference to countless children and families.
OUTsurance is one of South Africa’s largest and most efficient insurers.
They not only cover your building, home contents, and portable possessions but are able to offer you access to great discounts from their approved partners in the event that you need repairs or replacements FAST.
Home contents insurance with a difference
OUTsurance offers home content insurance that comes with a host of benefits you won’t get anywhere else. This includes a 10% premium cashback if you haven’t claimed for three years, access to their Free [email protected] which will arrange for plumbers, electricians, and locksmiths to help you in your time of need, and even free bonus cover for groceries when the power goes out.
Items l can insure
Home contents insurance allows you to ensure all the possessions in your home. From furniture and decor to clothing and jewelry, they can all be covered in minutes. If you own any jewelry, watches, or gold coins valued at more than R75,000 you will need to specify each of these on your policy as they will not be covered by the general policy.
What l am covered for
- Damage or loss caused by fire, earthquakes, and weather-related incidents
- Damage or loss caused by burst geysers, boilers, and solar water heating systems
- Damage and loss due to power surges
- Damage and loss caused by impact (animals, trees, aircraft, and vehicles)
- Accidental breakage
- Charges for fire brigade services
- Temporary accommodation in the event that your home is uninhabitable
- Transport for contents
In addition to the above, you’re also covered for personal liability (in the event of your or anyone of your family members who live with you cause accidental death or injury to a third party or cause loss or damage to the property of a third party and are legally liable to pay such damages. This cover, as with all the areas mentioned above, comes with a cover limit which you should take note of.
OUTsurance – Home Content Insurance
- Product Home Contents Insurance
Outsurance offers comprehensive cover for all the items inside your house against theft, fire and natural disasters
If you are on a budget but still want to make sure you are covered then Outsurance can assist with their Essential Contents Cover which will cover you for up to R50 000 against fire and weather.
You money to replace all of the items that were stolen or damaged will be paid to you after the excess amount has been deducted.
Benefits of OUTsurance
- OUTvest offers you the opportunity to invest in a revolutionary product digitally. They also offer you advice to make sure you are making the best decisions.
- Life insurance - get comprehensive life insurance which can include death cover, disability cover and critical illness cover. You can add a funeral plan to cover you and your loved ones as well.
- Business insurance - do you work out in the sun or in an office? It does not matter what your business is, Outsurance will cover it.
- Essential cover - Outsurance offers you the option of choosing their essential cover instead of comprehensive cover to alleviate pressure on your budget while still having the cover you need.
- Pet Insurance - cover your fur babies from accidents and expensive vet bills.
Get your home contents quote online TODAY!
The best and easiest way to get your building and home contents insurance is online via the OUTsurance website.
Once you’ve filled in your basic details and contact information you can start an online insurance quote process. You can also request a call back from one of OUTsurance’s consultants who will walk you through the process and provide you with a quote in minutes.
Additional insurance products for you
- Building insurance: cover for your home and outbuildings if specified. This cover includes fixtures and fittings that are permanent and will payout in the event of any damage or destruction.
- OUT-AND-ABOUT: Any personal possessions that you usually remove from your home must be covered under the OUT-AND-ABOUT section of your policy. Since these valuables change frequently, OUTsurance offers a fixed amount of cover for all valuables as unspecified. Any valuables of over R1,500 must be specified.
OUTsurance also offers a range of car, life, pet, and business insurance to suit your individual needs and budget. By combining policies you get to save money and enjoy more cover – and therefore increased peace of mind.
Using the OUTsurance app
View and manage your OUTsurance policy, add or remove the cover, update your contact or banking detail, submit an insurance claim or even renew your license. With the OUTsurance app, you can stay in control and in touch easily.
OUTsurance is a trusted & reliable provider of home contents insurance
In our review, we found OUTsurance to be an insurer licensed to conduct home content insurance business and is regulated under the Financial Sector Conduct Authority.
OUTsurance is a registered and licensed insurer in South Africa: FSP 896
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
This is the best all cover insurance you can get and you get your money back if you don't claim.
— Cape Town —
With outsurance you always make your money back and more you can have all the confidence in the world leaving your home alone, they send someone when you are away!
— Uitenhage —
You get what you ask for and no in-betweens they are straight forward and trustworthy.
— Transkei —
- not available
- 1241 Embankment Rd Zwartkop Ext 7, Centurion Johannesburg Gauteng 0157 South Africa
- Get Directions
- P.O. Box 8443 Centurion , Johannesburg, 0046, South Africa
- Monday 08:00 – 18:00
- Tuesday 08:00 – 18:00
- Wednesday 08:00 – 18:00
- Thursday 08:00 – 18:00
- Friday 08:00 – 18:00
- Saturday 08:00 – 13:00
- Sunday – Closed